PROHIBITED AND RESTRICTED GOODS
Weapons and ammunition, Narcotics, Wireless telephones, Pornographic material
- Visa for Residence
- Inventory Documents
- Residence Permit valid for one years stay
- Exemption Certificate issued by the Embassy in Cyprus
- For Offshore company expatriates, a C6 form must be provided for new items
Customer must be in country for customs clearance in order to sing customs declaration in the presence of the customs officer.
Used household goods and personal effects may be imported duty-free, but are subject to other taxes provided the goods are:
Intended for the personal use of the owner and his dependents, are not for resale, and Customer has resided less then a year in Cyprus during the last two years from the time of importation:
In reasonable quantities
Imported within 12 months of the Customer
Owned for at least 12 months prior to their importation
Duty-free importation also depends on whether the Customer has resided outside of Cyprus for more than one year
- One car per family duty-free, for returning Cypriots, provided they are taking up permanent residence in Cyprus, and had their permanent residence abroad for a period of at least 10 years
- Foreigners may import autos provided they intend to take up permanent residence
- Temporary importation up to one year duty-free if customer has been abroad more then one year during the past two years. Motorcycles are subject to duty
- Vehicle Registration in owner’s name
- Local Road Insurance
- Rabies Vaccination and Health Certificate
- Import License from local Department of Veterinary Services
- Six months home quarantine required
Making a false or misleading statement to the Authorities is an offence and may involve heavy penalties. Drug trafficking is against the law and severe penalties apply.
Important: This information is intended for general guidance. Sea & Air International cannot however take responsibility for any errors or omissions or for any loss or damage that may occur from its use. As such it is advisable to contact the nearest Australian customs office for full and current information prior to importation.