Sea & Air International can facilitate the transportation of all your analog and digital electronic equipment.
Moving Your Computer
Before moving your personal computer, there are certain procedures to follow which will protect your system from mechanical failure or damage due to normal physical shock which occurs during transport. Taking the following steps will help your electronics to arrive safely.
• Before moving computer components, back up all software and information. Once your drives are secure, you should turn the system to OFF and remove all cables from the back of the unit.
• The original packing box your system came in is the best choice. Rigid Styrofoam packing material will hold the system securely in place. In the event your original box is not available, Sea & Air International will provide sturdy packing materials.
Moving a Printer
• The original packing box and material is the best choice for transport because the Styrofoam is customized to fit each printer.
• If you are moving a laser printer, remove the ink cartridge as the ink may spill and contaminate the laser engine.
Moving a CD or DVD player
Before moving your CD or DVD player, there are certain procedures to follow which will protect your system from mechanical failure or damage due to normal physical shock which occurs during transport. If the following tips are used prior to moving, your CD and/or DVD player should arrive safely at destination.
• Remember to remove all CD/DVDs from your player before packing.
• If you don’t have the owner’s manual (try to download it), draw a diagram of the wiring PRIOR TO disconnection.
• Some CD/DVD players have a transport screw under the unit. Tighten it before packing.
• Remove any stacker or multi-play cartridges prior to packing and wrap individually.
• Close CD/DVD trays.