• The best way to move your CD/DVD player is in the original box with the original packing. In the event that you do not have the original box and/or packing, use a box big enough to cover the entire unit with enough room for packing material. The packing material should snugly fill the excess room in the box so that the unit will not move around.
• If you have a remote control, be sure to wrap it separately, but pack it in the same box.
All wiring should also go in the box.
Moving a Big Screen TV and Other Electronics
Before moving your CD or DVD player, there are certain procedures to follow which will protect your system from mechanical failure or damage due to normal physical shock which occurs during transport. If the following tips are used prior to moving, your CD and/or DVD player should arrive safely at destination.
• If you no longer have the original carton and packing materials, carefully pack the item in a sturdy carton so that packing material fits snugly around the item and fills the excess room in the box.
• Pack all cords and remote controls in the same box as the item.
• Draw a simple diagram or color-code wires before disconnecting to make reconnecting much simpler.
• Complete a list of all electronic components and computer equipment with serial numbers of each piece prior to moving them.