International Moving From NYC to Switzerland

Has your work just told you they need you to move to Switzerland? It is big news and may have you sweating a little bit. You can call Sea & Air International for help with the entire process. We are a professional moving company in the NYC area, and we can help you with this big change in your life. 

How We Can Help You Move To Switzerland

International Moving From NYC to Switzerland

Sea & Air International is a professional international moving company that can help you with the unknowns of an international move. Don’t stress over it. You can hire our team to help you throughout the entire process.

One of the many ways that we help you is to make sure that you have all the documents, papers, and signatures you need. This will save you from any confusion at customs or when you arrive in Switzerland. Some of the many documents that you will need are:

  • A Detailed Inventory List
  • Copy Of Passport With Clear Photograph
  • Motor Vehicle Title and Bill of Sale
  • Pet Vaccination Records, Rabies Shot, and Veterinary Health Certificate
  • And So Much More

Switzerland Is A Beautiful Country

Many people love to visit Switzerland to take in the breathtaking views of the alpine scenery. A popular experience many people take part in is the train rides that are offered. You can take in many great views and alluring vistas. 

The population of Switzerland is around 8.5 million, and it is located in central Europe. We are always happy to help our customers move to this beautiful country and help them settle into their new residences. 

Most Asked Questions

Don’t hesitate to contact us to ask us any questions you have. There are many concerns that you may have or information that you need. Our team will gladly inform you of all the essential aspects of making an international move to Switzerland. 

Here are a couple of the questions we have been asked the most over the years. 

Is English a Spoken Language In Switzerland?

You will find English is widely spoken in Switzerland. It makes it easier for those visiting or moving there from the US. Almost half of the population can speak English. 

Is Switzerland A Safe Place To Live?

Switzerland is a relatively safe place to live. Just as in any other place you can live, there is trouble to be found. You should not have too many worries about living in Switzerland; it has been on the top list of safe places to live.

Can I Bring My Vehicle To Switzerland?

Yes. If you are moving internationally to Switzerland and you would like to bring your vehicle with you, you will need a few documents, such as:

  • A Foreign Drivers License
  • Original Certificate Title
  • Original Bill Of Sale
  • The Purchase Invoice

Let Us Help You Today

Sea & Air International has helped many NYC residents make an international move to Switzerland and other countries. It is our pleasure to help you make the process as seamless as we possibly can. You can call our office today to get more information and make an appointment.

We look forward to working with you soon!

Customs Information

Drugs and narcotics are prohibited. There are restrictions on the importation of firearms, ammunition, ivory, skins, and food.

Household goods can be imported duty-free providing that:
· All items (incl. car, aircraft, or boat) have been in the use and possession of the immigrant for at least 6 months
· The immigrant continues to keep all items for his own and personal use (motor vehicle for at least one year).
· The importation takes place during the 1-year period of transfer of the residence.
· Any foreseen subsequent consignment must be reported and listed at the time of the first importation.
Up to 200 liters of alcohol below 25? can be imported duty and tax-free and a maximum of 12 liters for alcohol over 25.

Required documentation to be supplied prior to importation:
· Immigrants’ personal customs declaration (Customs form 18.44).
· Detailed inventory of the goods (in French, German, or Italian). New items must be listed and valued separately in the inventory.
· Photostat copy of the passport’s basic data.
· Lease or property title of the residence in Switzerland.
· The Swiss residence permit (or equivalent official certificate).
· Copy of the registration card and license of a motor vehicle.

Cars must have been owned (not just used) for six months preceding importation and must not be sold for twelve months following importation into Switzerland. Cars may be imported duty-free provided that the owner has used them for at least 6 months overseas. New cars are subject to VAT, duty, and statistical tax.

Dogs and cats do not require quarantine provided that they have been vaccinated against rabies at least 30 days before. A certificate to this effect must be produced together with a copy of the passport.
Under certain circumstances, when these documents cannot all be met at the time the shipment is being cleared, it is possible to obtain a temporary entry. In such cases, it is required to put up a bond with Swiss customs for as long as the entry is not finalized. The missing document has to be presented within 6 months. Please note that customs will charge an additional cost for the temporary clearance, around SFr.100.00-300.00.

Making a false or misleading statement to the Authorities is an offense and may involve heavy penalties. Drug trafficking is against the law and severe penalties apply.

Important: This information is intended for general guidance. Sea & Air International cannot however take responsibility for any errors or omissions or for any loss or damage that may occur from its use. As such it is advisable to contact the nearest Australian customs office for full and current information prior to importation.

Call Now Button