Are you getting ready to move from NYC to Sweden? Whether this is a move related to a temporary work move or a permanent personal move, we can help you. Sea & Air International has a fantastic team of professionals who can help you through every step of making an international move. You will not regret using us for your move to Sweden.
Let Us Move You From NYC To Sweden
International moves are exciting and scary all at the same time. There are many feelings and emotions that you will go through in the process, no matter how excited you are. With our professional services, you can have little to no stress involved in your move.
We have the knowledge of what you will need and not need for your move. This will help you to avoid any trouble at customs or when you arrive at your new destination. Some of the many ways that we can help are with the many documents and papers you need:
- Used Household Goods Documents
- Personal Effects Documents
- Motor Vehicle Documents
- Pet Certificates and Records
There are also items that you are prohibited or restricted from bringing with you when you move. We can make sure that you are aware of all those items. If you have items you are leaving beyond during your move and you don’t want to get rid of them, we have a climate-controlled storage facility.
Sweden Is A Great Country
Sweden is a beautiful Scandinavian country that is a fun place to live. There is a large population ranging from around 10 million people. There are unique towns you can visit that date back to medieval times and have royal castles and other entertaining views.
We are proud to be the trusted company that so many rely on to help them move internationally. Our company has moved people to Sweden and many other countries.
Are there questions you would like to ask us about moving to Sweden? We are pleased to provide you with any information you need about your upcoming move. Here are a few of the common questions that we have been asked.
What Personal Documents Do I Need To Move To Sweden?
There are a few documents that you will need to obtain before you make an international move to Sweden, such as:
- Swedish Customs Form
- Residence Permit
- And Many More
What Documents Do I Need To Bring My Pet To Sweden?
In order to bring a pet along with you on an international move to Sweden, you will need to obtain a few documents from your veterinary office. Such as:
- Veterinary Health Certificate
- Vaccination Record
Call Us Today
Sea & Air International is ready to help you make an international move. If you need more information about our services, please call us today. We can answer any questions and make an appointment to help you move. This is an exciting time in your life, let us help you enjoy the process.
PROHIBITED AND RESTRICTED GOODS
Narcotics, mobile/wireless telephones, and any goods made from endangered species may not be imported. A certificate, from the Plant and Wildlife Department in the country of origin, must accompany live plants to show that they are healthy.
Used household goods may be imported duty-free into Sweden provided the goods have been in the owner’s possession and used abroad for at least one year. You must have lived outside Sweden for at least one year and be intending to remain in Sweden for at least one year. Duty is payable on new goods.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR CUSTOMS CLEARANCE
* Household goods inventory (3 copies) which must detail the contents of each carton (i.e. glasses, kitchenware, toys, etc.) Descriptions such as “packed by owner” etc. are not accepted by the customs. This is important to avoid extra charges if the customs officer has to make an examination at the domicile because of improperly compiled inventory.
* Signed Swedish Customs Declaration “Customs Exemption for migrants property: from off assurance” which should be signed in Sweden as it has to be witnessed by persons resident in Sweden. If signed abroad, there should only be the signature of the owner on the document and passport number. Note: The owner must have arrived in Sweden before the customs clearance can be affected. Should the goods arrive before the owner, the goods can be stored in a bonded warehouse.
For diplomatic personnel, the following documents are required
* Special permit from the Swedish Foreign Department. (Application for duty-free import).
* Household goods inventory.
AUTOMOBILES AND OTHER VEHICLES
Automobiles may be imported into Sweden provided they can provide the following:
* Evidence that the owner has used the vehicle at least twelve months abroad i.e. bills of repair, statement of credit card charges, gasoline notes, etc.
* Certificate of foreign residence for at least twelve months.
* Evidence in Sweden i.e. certificate from employer and registration for Swedish i.d. number.
* Evidence of residence abroad i.e. from an employer.
* Insurance certificate for the last 6 months.
The owner of the car must perform the clearance by himself and must be present at the customs office during the time of clearance. An environment fee will be billed according to the model and catalysis system. Always check with us in advance before the shipment of all kinds of vehicles.
Liquor 40%, VAT 25% of the value of the bottles & tax 501,41 SEK / liter alcohol.
Wine 25% VAT of the value of the bottles & tax 22,20 SEK / liter & duty 1,3% of the quantity.
As delays and extra charges can occur if alcoholic beverages are included in household goods shipments, we strongly recommend not including such beverages in the shipment.
Cigarettes, cigars, and tobacco are also dutiable.
Firearms may only be imported after a license has been issued by the Swedish Police and has been presented to customs.
You must obtain an import license from the Swedish Board of Agriculture, and this should be applied for at least 30 days before you expect to arrive in Sweden. All animals must have a veterinary certificate issued not more than ten days prior to import. Quarantine is not required if you are traveling from a Rabies free country.
Animals from all other countries require 4 months of quarantine. You must book your animal’s quarantine place, and receive a confirmation that a place has been reserved before you leave for Sweden.
Once the quarantine period is over, you must keep your pet isolated from other animals for two further months. Dogs must not have been vaccinated against leptospirosis within three months prior to import.
In view of the stringent import regulations on living plants, it is recommended that these are not included in household goods shipments.
Making a false or misleading statement to the Authorities is an offense and may involve heavy penalties. Drug trafficking is against the law and severe penalties apply.
Important: This information is intended for general guidance. Sea & Air International cannot however take responsibility for any errors or omissions or for any loss or damage that may occur from its use. As such it is advisable to contact the nearest Australian customs office for full and current information prior to importation.